Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Chest and Biceps

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. - Sir Winston Churchill
(just thought the picture was cool, has nothing to do with the quote)

Supps
con-cret
karbolyn
Gluta-tren
Whey Iso
Cassein

Warmups
Plate rotations
tube work
empty bar x 10 Incline Bench

Working Sets

Incline Bench
4 x 10 x 110
7 x 110

Decline Bench
5 x 10 x 100

DB Flyes
3 x 10 x 35

EZ Bar glide/drag curls
5 x 10 x 55

NOTES
The testing schedule at schools this week and our lack of a second, third or fourth car has thrown my schedule off. I was able to get into the Dog House about 8:30 PM already tired from the day. To be honest, I was not expecting much at all, just wanted to fulfill the iron obligation. I am not overly unhappy or happy with this session. I guess I am satisfied with it.

Inclines - proved tougher than they should have been. Not sure why
Declines - used the bench with the leg pads, this helped keep me from sliding
Flyes - Not much to say
Curls - Played with grip on these. first two sets were with the picky high rest were with the pinky low. Minor differences in how they felt. The pinky low position was nicer to my wrists

I am sure diet is affecting me in the gym and life. Been a bit more surly and tired and, as you can see above, numbers that should be easy haven't been. I am currently sitting at my lightest in years. I avoided scales for so long, I can't remember ever being 185 outside of the brief time in 2008 ( my weight at my followup visit for cholesterol, the motivation for starting this journey). I have, however, seemed to have stalled. Looking back over the past 8-10 weeks, I have averaged 2000 calories or less every week but one, and that week was only slightly over the 2000. With my estimated maintenance at about 2750 and my actual closer to 2450, I should be seeing some progress. A couple factors seem to be affecting things in my opinion. Stress and Carbs. I live in a world of constant stress, it comes with the calling. I also live in a world surrounded by carbs. All this to say I will be re-thinking things for the future. I am going to continue to eat at deficit for two weeks and then will move to mantenance for a while. Will take measurements tomorrow. My prayer is that while weight has stalled, BF is down. We shall see.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote