Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I've done several transformation stories on 18 to 20 year old guys where both were achieved, but in both cases the fat loss was only about 10 pounds. They both experienced about a 15 pound muscle gain.

In the cases I am referencing they ran an extremely clean diet and probably lost some of the fat out of the gate just because they dumped soda, chips, etc. Both improved their strength in a rapid amount of time and did eat plenty of clean food.

I can't say I've ever seen a 30+ male do this, and I edit quite a few quality transformation stories. Most of the men lost fat and then did some building.

I think if you want to lose weight you have to focus on the things you can control:

A) Getting stronger/progression on an appropriate workout.
B) Not undereating; being patient.

Will you gain muscle while losing fat? Who knows. Focus on what you can control and find out.

Personally, I'm not a fan of chasing both over the long haul. It's like chasing unicorns. If you have fat to lose, then go lose it. Then get back to muscle building.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-24-2012 at 07:38 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote