Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post

Best of luck. Do I get the sense that you are on a comeback of sorts? Sorry if I missed something.
Yeah, hubby has been ill, the year previous (2010) he had ankle fusion; last year (2011), he had a heart attack; this year, he had open-heart surgery...things have been very much up in the air and I sat here one night and had one of those Eureka moments...when it suddenly dawned on me that my lifting goals were no longer the same.

We sat made some minor plans and hope they get rolling without much getting in the way; lo and behold, hubby has a really bad night with meds and sleep but still taking everything one day at a time and hopefully he'll be up to the cinema later on. He should have had his rehab session today but he was exhausted so I told him to go back to bed and rest; he's doing plenty of exercise on the days he has no rehab so it's not like he's slacking...and he asked them about weights today, when he rang, only to find that the physio prefers to leave that a while; but, since he wants to play bowls and is permitted to do so 12 weeks post-surgery, light weights would be wise to be starting on now.