I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Thanks For the great tips guys & Gals...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Strong hessian sacks filled with sand or gravel; in internal bags, if using sand with it being so fine.
I was even thinking of filling a couple of garbage cans with stones and placing them on the ledge that separates my yard from my neighbors for atlas stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I think the only problem will be that you have to bear in mind Strongman isn't just about strength. Strength endurance and the ability to run/jog very fast under weight is very important. Running around with weight is a far-cry from being statically strong or even from just walking/dragging weight along and that needs to be catered for in training and you need some conditioning to be able to do so safely.

Strongman is a lot more than just static strength which you'd find in a PL or OL competition.
Absolutely, which is why with this schedule I'll moving weight 2 days a week. Another thing I need to see about doing is each event/approximation that I come up with on the same day for a few weeks before the contest so that I get past being exhausted from one event and moving into another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I remember Max Misch deadlifting a weight, resting it on his knees from a squat position, maneuvering his arms underneath, and then "zerchering" the weight. I always wondered if I could do this myself. Might be worth a shot.
I think that's where I thought of the "zercher deadlift" and I was even thinking of trying to place the bar on the rack pins to approximate setting a stone on a platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
just move to CT and train at poundstone performance?
And this leads me into the reason for this thread... there is 1 gym in town that has some implements, but it costs $30 a month that I don't have for membership, and they said none of their "trainers" know how to use any of it anyways... so it would still be the blind leading the blind if I trained there. Hell, I could pay Brian Shaw whatever his astronomical training rate is and drive up to Ft. Lupton once a week, but again $30 a month is a problem. I'll ruminate on these ideas and see how a week of the schedule above goes. Thanks again, all.
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote