Thread: Mikes log
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #402
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Great double session Mike!

Do you feel the extra shoulder strength has helped your bench a lot?
I havent really trained my bench since my meet a couple of months ago but my strength really hasnt dropped that much. I am assuming its from the overhead work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Good work Mike. I suspect once you get back into the groove of things with your bench, you'll see that additional shoulder strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Sometimes its good to take some time away from a lift and train the other stuff that goes with it. I am sure with a short training cycle you will pass your previous PR in the bench!
I am thinking the same thing. I hit the 410 when I weighed 255 and was peaking for a meet. I hit a 385x2 and a 400 at 235 before my last meet. My usual training max was 390-395.
I am down to 225 so I was suprised that I could go in after training hard that morning and still hit 375. I had been doing military press for my upper body "strength" work but I am going to replace it with benching and see what happens. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote