View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Best of luck hitting your goals.

Quote:
So I've seemingly outgrown my worries, and am now left without excuse for my inactivity.
Glad to see you're being proactive and hitting the weights.

Quote:
So keep in mind I was pretty much as inactive as possible my whole life... This I see as a challenge and as a good thing...
No worries. We all started at square one. You'll get nothing but encouragement.

Quote:
I'm starting with a 5x5 routine alternating between 2 workouts; A, B, A, B, A, - style. 3x a week. I'll start with min. weight: just the bar, and increase with the min. amount every workout, till I fail, and take it from there.
You won't fail. In fact, I recommend buying more weight. You'll be surprised by how fast your strength improves if you stay dedicated and eat properly. If done right you could be squatting 275 to 315 pounds after your first year.

That sounds superhuman, but it's really not. Just make sure you give as much attention to your food intake as you do to training.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-22-2012 at 11:41 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote