View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Haha, thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalldon View Post
I would like to start working out with a kettlebell. What would be some good exercises for me to start with since I am both a newbie to body building and to kettlebells?
I'd avoid the snatches, since you're new to them. Snatches need a lot of technique and there is a lot of room for error and injury, if you have the inclination to study and learn them though, then feel free but be careful; you can learn them alone but I'd suggest looking closely at the videos in the kettlebell section.

Swings are the best start, both double-handed and single; then there's front squats which work really well; OHP; jerks which require a bit more timing etc.

It's pretty easy for a beginner to string two or threee exercises together and just do them as a complex, over and over for several minutes.

Example
10 swings (two KBs, one in each hand)
Clean the KBs
1 front squat
stand
1 OHP
10 swings (as above)
Clean the KBs
1 Front squat
stand
1 Jerk
repeat from the start

You could alter it and do 2 front squats, or less swings etc...and just keep repeating until shattered.