Old 05-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeaver View Post
Sorry to keep harping on you, BtB, but one more question. I'm looking ahead to the 20 rep squat day and wondering how much weight I should think about using.

On my regular squat day, I was using 115lbs (pathetic, I know). Is there any forumula to determine what I should use when I do 20 rep squats, or just start really light and see what works?

Thanks in advance as always! Also...how do I "find a post helpful". Does that mean "repping" someone?
Ask as many questions as you'd like. We're here to help each other.

For 20 rep squats I generally started with about 40% of my one rep max, give or take. I would recommend starting with 65 pounds and just having at it. It might seem real easy, or maybe not. If you can't get 20, keep using it and try to do more the next week.

Once you get it up to 20 reps, add weight. before you know it you'll be doing 185 pounds for 20 reps. Trust me, it will come faster then you think.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote