Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
jhew
Master of disaster
New Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: DEADLIFT
Fav Supp: FOOD
jhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good posts

There are a LOT of very bad trainers out there. That being said, there are quite a few very good ones. As a personal trainer myself, I can tell you that the ones who are worth your time are not the ones who are fresh out of NASM, ACE, or Canfitpro. A lot of what I learned at Canfit was weider-type BS. It is the trainers who were lifters before, and who continue to do their own research and educate themselves, that are worth your time. I am not knocking newbie trainers, because we all started somewhere; I am just saying that it is best to do your own research and educate yourself rather than just blindly follow the advice of a PT.
jhew is offline   Reply With Quote