View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

as a personal trainer myself...

Quote:
squats dont build big calfs - incorrect
dips dont build big triceps - bull hookey
the bench press with good form shouldnt work your shoulders at all - wrong
deadlifts dont work the lats - kinda true actually. if you've ever seen someone who never works their lats but only does deads. they will have a slight spread, but all the bulk and thickness of their back will run down the center. they work your whole back, especially if you squeeze, but i wouldnt classify them as lat builders.
and that GHR's dont work your hamstrings - considering its in part a hamstring exercise...i'd say thats false as well.
here's the problem. the schools, like technical colleges, taht offer one year trainer programs, are kinda more toward teaching nonsense that will protect you and your gym from possible lawsuits than actual things you need to train a person. I have a certification and half the exam questions and the answers they expect are not very real life useful.

the way to pick a solid trainer is to look at the trainer AND the clients. If either the clients or the trainer dont look good in whatever respect, don't hire them. Theres 2 trainers at my own gym i wouldnt pay to train my cat. They are nice enough, but they dont have the real world experience, too caught up in they nonsense they learned.

lastly, every trainer has their own style and their own way of doing things. if they get results, dont argue or mix n match. biggest mistake people make is going to a trainer then instead of just doing what they're told they start thinking for themselves. i am a trainer and i have a trainer, why? because he's smarter than me and i wanna learn, so i learn by highering him and doing what im told.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote