ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
I would like to add that, in my opinion, if anyone is using a belt in order to feel safer in using bad technique, or is using a belt because it gives them artificial 'confidence' to lift a given weight, then that person should not be using a belt.

A belt is a tool. It's purpose is to provide further midsection stability during lifts that require heavy support; such as deadlifts, squats, partials, etc. While it may also provide some degree of safety, it should not be used as a crutch. Your midsection still has the same stress placed on it with a belt as without one, and your muscles still have to work hard. A belt will not circumvent this.
IM, these tools are supposed to HELP us to lift better. The problem starts only when we make ourselves dependent on these tools.
ravimolasaria is online now   Reply With Quote