Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's been my suspicion all along, but I never want to get pushy. I know it's hard. I lack confidence on some squats too.

Now that you know the issue, smash the issue. Do 315 singles. Do them with the "do or die" confidence. What's the worst thing that can happen? Failure? Crawl from under the rack and try again.

When I step up for heavy squats I literally have to find ways to stop thinking, so you're not alone. This mental game is challenging, but at least you are facing it straight on. This is part of the next step.

Keep that form natural feeling, don't overthink, focus on your big form cues, and nail it!

I swear I'm going to come to Canada for a weekend and help. What city are you in again?
To follow up Steve, I think my fear was that I couldn't do the 3 PPS+ squat properly. I have had so many bad squats this past year, which tended to fuel my lack of confidence came back to haunt me.

Once again, great advice to focus on the cues Steve. I have been reviewing what I have to do quickly after I unrack it. However, as you said, if I just review my cues I will not overthink it. I want to be more aggressive and get some speed into it as well.

I live In Calgary, Alberta. Calgary is in the Foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Banff is about 40 mins away from the City Limits. It would be a dream come true to lift with you Steve. If you don't make it here, I will come to Wisconsin.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1310 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote