View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #1936
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
It seems that when I see 3 PPS on the bar and have to rep it, I get nervous and seem to lack confidence, still to this day.
That's been my suspicion all along, but I never want to get pushy. I know it's hard. I lack confidence on some squats too.

Quote:
I know I have the strength. I have the knowledge. I have the support. All of you believe in me, why don't I believe in myself? No more f*cking next time.
Now that you know the issue, smash the issue. Do 315 singles. Do them with the "do or die" confidence. What's the worst thing that can happen? Failure? Crawl from under the rack and try again.

When I step up for heavy squats I literally have to find ways to stop thinking, so you're not alone. This mental game is challenging, but at least you are facing it straight on. This is part of the next step.

Keep that form natural feeling, don't overthink, focus on your big form cues, and nail it!

I swear I'm going to come to Canada for a weekend and help. What city are you in again?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote