Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

SQUAT SESSION

This morning I planned on doing squats and bench, but it turned into a marathon squat session.

Squats
115 X5
135 X5
185 X5
225 X5
245 X5
270 X5
295 X5
315 X5
315 X2
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1
335 X1

This morning turned into a big mental breakthrough for me. The 295 set went really well, so I thought I would do set of 5 @315. It did not go very well formwise. I did stay upright for the most part, but could not hit depth. I then decided to try it again for a double, maybe a triple. I had more success with this, but still not great.

It seems that when I see 3 PPS on the bar and have to rep it, I get nervous and seem to lack confidence, still to this day. However, when I know I just have to do a single, I don't seem to get nervous and over-think it. Thus, I decided to do some singles.

Right from the first single, I was having issues. I was either leaning, or not hitting depth. Terrible inconsistency, yet I felt strong and had good energy. As the sets wore on, I got angrier and angrier with myself.

I know I have the strength. I have the knowledge. I have the support. All of you believe in me, why don't I believe in myself? No more f*cking next time. I just kept on going until I got a half a$$ed decent single with depth. The video of 335 X1 below was the 12th attempt.

As I said earlier, this morning was a huge emotional turning point for me. All my life I have lacked self confidence. My father initiated it. Career Counselors in high school told me to forget being a pilot. There were no jobs and too expensive. My mom's second husband told me I was no good for nothing. All my dreams and aspirations were extinguished. So much potential down the drain. Some people have asked me before "why didn't you go to University?" I simply did not think I could do it, despite having honors in high school. I was a straight A & B student. In College, I was a straight A student. However, the course I took wasn't my passion - I sort of fell into it. It was better than nothing.

Well, I have big passion for lifting. No longer will I allow all those SOB to get in my way. It has to stop, and now guys. All of you are such a huge part of my life. Thanks so much.

With all that said, I think I am getting the hang of this. I am able to naturally use my hips to spread those knees. I find if I can generate the right amount of speed, I lean alot less. An finally, the knees out of course makes a nice hole for me to squat into. Combining these 3 elements makes for a great squat in my case.

Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote