Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's excellent. Always nice to see them find something they are interested in doing that doesn't involve Facebook or TV. My daughter has taken an interest in powerlifting, of all things.
Isn't it cool when the wee ones find their "thing?" It makes it very easy to "train them up in the way they should go..." (Proverbs 22:6). The biblical reference suggests to give our children instruction according to how THEY are suited, and according to THEIR abilities, and personalities. And it is also cool when they see something Mom or Dad are already doing and want to do it themselves. With your daughter, you've got yourself a bit of a challenge at first, but in a couple of years, you'll have a solid training partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Goalie is such a great position. I imagine it's like catcher....important position but no one wants to do it.
I've learned that goaltending is a very cerebral position. Quite a bit of guile goes into it. Not to deminish the athletic side of it. It is VERY demanding athleticly, but on top of being a skillful skater, you have to have an understanding of the game, and be able to anticipate game situations. I think THAT is the big attraction for my daughter, and for me for that matter. If I would have had opportunity for hockey as a child, that's probably the position I would have selected.

As far as no one wanting to do it, there were 9 or 10 kids who tried it out this past season in our in-house program. By the final game day, Sarah and one other boy were the only ones who wanted to suit up. So out of about 40 kids, 25% wanted to try it, and only two stuck it out.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote