View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
I personally Like to watch the All-around strength sort of events, and tailor my own workouts (to a degree around this premise).

Please no one take offense to what I am about to post. This is not my intent.

For example: a powerlifter might be able to bench press 600 lbs at a body weight of 280 lbs, but maybe he can only do 4 pull ups, and couldn't run a block to save his soul. At the end of that block, all that strength means NOTHING. Because he can not breath, and is basically useless. (This assumes no cardiovascular conditioning)

However:

A 175-180 lb guy (for example) can only bench 315, but he can bust out about 30 pull ups, run 2 miles rather effortlessly. And, at the end of those two miles, his relative strength is still there and can still use it.

So let me ask you, who is really stronger? Better yet, which personís strength would you wish to have? Sorry, but Iíd rather be the smaller guy, but this is just me.

This is just Personal preference. I support all personal goals. What ever they may be.
chillen, no hate. but im over 200lbs. i dont run. thats what cars are for. =0 )
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote