Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Nice work man!
Thank you, swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Wish I had that as a kid.

How is her motivation?
Both girls seem motivated. I don't really expect the 9 year old to complete all 5000 shots. She seems overwhelmed by the number 5000, and can't seem to grasp the "small bites" factor. For now though, she's eager. She wants to start tomorrow. She's reluctant to try it with the goalie stick because there is some crosshandedness involved (she's a natural righty, while the goalie stick puts her left hand as the forehand). We'll probably start her out at a 60/40 split and see how she likes it. The crosshandedness bit is all rather confusing, but it comes about because she naturally catches with her left hand. A pretty normal arrangement for most goalies. We tried experimenting with some equipment so she could shoot right handed, but she didn't like it one bit.

Otherwise, she loves hockey, especially goaltending. We spent an hour or so this afternoon at the rink working on skating technique (in leg pads). And this is something SHE wanted to do. The goalie coach at Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep School has some Saturday skill sessions that we can go to. It's only an hour away, so what the heck? Incedentally, Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins) went to Shattuck-St. Mary's, as did Jonathan Toews (Chicago Blackhawks), and Zach Parise (New Jersy Devils). In fact Crosby's little sister is currently a goalie there. And Martin Brodeaur (New Jersy Devils) has three sons there.

The 4 year old will probably shoot 5000 pucks this week. She's not on the program. I'm just tickled that she is able to skate, pass, and shoot already. Like I said, she doesn't even officially start until next Fall/Winter. She'll be way ahead of the rest of the 4 and 5 year olds. It might even get her bumped up a level.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote