Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
This quote is key when it comes to nearly any aspect of fitness. Oh man, does it apply to the kids who just want a quick fix...a 2 month workout and a 6 pack.

There is no quick fix. It's a lifetime journey. I had a six pack. I worked DAMN hard to get it. It lasted 2 days. I went out on the weekend with some friends, checked the mirror on Monday, and it was gone.

FOREVER = key word.
How true this is, Steve. I did the same thing early on in my journey. I trained and dieted hard for nearly a year and half; sweated, got hurt, angry, and depressed at times (because how slow the process can get--especially when the body adapts), while training and dieting to earn my goal, only to go out one weekend, and eat a ton of carbohydrates, and swelled up like a ballooned whale in heat. It was a life teaching lesson, though, it was a small thing, it spoke very loud.

Personally, I do not think the body was designed to look so-called "ripped" on a daily basis (dependent on the level we are speaking). The level of diet discipline and education, would literally tear one up. Speaking to the average. There is a reason boxers, and other athletes, train before each fight (and look lean prior), and then lay off, and repeat.

It follows then, what brought someone to a certain level of leanness, the person is going have to do similar functions and levels of training and diet to maintain it--on regular basis. And, know a lot about diet manipulation--and APPLY IT--daily..... And, most whom aspire to get lean stumble at this very moment...when they get there and earn there goal, they have no idea what to do when there done.

But, are they truly done?

No, not really.

As the saying goes: Its the journey, not the destination.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-06-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote