Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Have a good weekend Val.
It's been a very good weekend so far. Saturday morning I put together one of these.
Hockey Backstop Rebounder | Puckstopper | Hockey Goal | EZGoal

I got it on clearance over a month ago. I didn't pay full price. That is SO like me.

The frame went together in a matter of minutes. Attaching the net took a matter of minutes too; just many, many, more minutes. At one point I had a regulation size hockey goal in my living room. My wife was wondering how we'd get it into the garage (which was its intended destination for now). I scratched my head, feigning a ship-in-a-bottle moment. Then announced a repeal of my "no more hockey in the house" rule. Then I slid the goal directly in front of the TV and told the kids to have at it. Well it wasn't too much longer before I had to show the Mrs. that simply by pulling a few pins, the whole thing folds up into a 6 foot by 4 foot by 6 inch frame. Sturdy as all get out when fully assembled, but easy to stow and reassemble.

I bought it mainly for the 9 year old to practice her shooting over the summer, and to get some work in on passing, shooting, and playing the puck as a goaltender. Our local hockey association has a voluntary 5000 puck challenge during the off season. The notion being to shoot 100 pucks a day, five days a week for 10 weeks. The challenge for her is to get good at it in full goalie gear too.

Anyway, I got it mainly for the 9 year old, but the 4 year old has shown a great interest in hockey too. She technically can't start until next winter, but she's already skating and hopefully will get good at shooting before then.

Lifted weights this afternoon.

Saturday, 5/5/12

Workout 1.1.4

Using the conventional 5-3-1 format for overhead presses. No heavy single training for this lift...yet.

Overhead Press
45x5
50x5
60x5
70x5
80x5
90x7

Lat Pulldown (between sets of OHP)
125x8
125x8
125x7
125x5
125x5
125x4

Superset
BW Dips 7x3
DB Curls 30x10, 30x7, 30x5

EZ Curl Tricep Ext. 65x11, 65x8x2

I came back home and decided to mow the lawn. The 4 year old wanted to play hockey in the garage, so I got her set up with the shooting board and goal. It takes me just over an hour to mow the lawn. I don't know how many buckets of pucks my daughter shot, but she shot the whole time. Proud parent moment.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote