BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 5/3/12 1RM test for Back Squat and OHP

YEAHHHH BUDDDYYYYY!!!!! This is my last workout before my week off and then transitioning into 5/3/1.
I've been doing front squats instead of back squats, so I wanted to test the back squat to see where they are because I haven't decided whether to do front or back squats with 5/3/1.
And I didnt' really have an accurate gauge of what I can currently OHP because I've been pressing after benching. Anyway, here's how it went:

Back Squat 225x3, 275x1, 315x1, 365x1,(PR) 385x0

OHP 115x2, 135x1, 155x1, 165x1, 175x1

Overall Workout Grade: A

Notes:
By far the most I've ever back squatted. I was really surprised. I probably should have quit at 365, but it felt so smooth I had to try for more. I damn near got pinned on 385 and if a gym buddy hadn't been keeping an eye on me my ass would have been in serious trouble.
To you squat monsters who workout alone at home: What do you guys do when you get stuck in the bottom of a squat?

OHP went good. No PR or anything, but at least I got a good baseline.

So that's it for the next week. I have to decide whether to front squat or back squat and I need to figure out how many calories I need daily and how to plan my meals around that number. The latter being the part I am worried about.

Also, I've never really hit squat singles before. Very fun. It made me want to try to compete in a meet sometime later this year.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote