View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #262
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member
Default 5/3/12 1RM test for Back Squat and OHP

YEAHHHH BUDDDYYYYY!!!!! This is my last workout before my week off and then transitioning into 5/3/1.
I've been doing front squats instead of back squats, so I wanted to test the back squat to see where they are because I haven't decided whether to do front or back squats with 5/3/1.
And I didnt' really have an accurate gauge of what I can currently OHP because I've been pressing after benching. Anyway, here's how it went:

Back Squat 225x3, 275x1, 315x1, 365x1,(PR) 385x0

OHP 115x2, 135x1, 155x1, 165x1, 175x1

Overall Workout Grade: A

Notes:
By far the most I've ever back squatted. I was really surprised. I probably should have quit at 365, but it felt so smooth I had to try for more. I damn near got pinned on 385 and if a gym buddy hadn't been keeping an eye on me my ass would have been in serious trouble.
To you squat monsters who workout alone at home: What do you guys do when you get stuck in the bottom of a squat?

OHP went good. No PR or anything, but at least I got a good baseline.

So that's it for the next week. I have to decide whether to front squat or back squat and I need to figure out how many calories I need daily and how to plan my meals around that number. The latter being the part I am worried about.

Also, I've never really hit squat singles before. Very fun. It made me want to try to compete in a meet sometime later this year.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote