View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Honestly I think extended periodization like that isn't needed. In addition, you've added up 5 total 20 rep sets of squats. You won't be able to walk for a month after those, if you survive.

I could barely get past 55% with one set of 20 reppers. Perhaps I could have hit two. I never worked up to 60% of my 1RM on 20 reppers because I lost the intestinal fortitude. I think it certainly can be done, but I don't think 5 sets of 20 reps at 60% is a reasonable goal. That's superhuman.

Right now you don't need complication. I would stick to simple progression, possibly periodizing if you feel it's necessary. 10-12 sets of squats really isn't necessary. While noble, you could get your squat up to 450 if you wanted to doing far more refined and straightforward work.

I bet you could do 3 sets of squats each workout, and add weight 2-3 weeks out of 4.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote