Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Alternate Day Fasting. 1 or more 24 hour fasts per week.

Experiences, opinions, thoughts?
I've personally done this several times to lean out, with good results. Dependent on my work schedule, how I scheduled the 24 hour cycle would depend largely on this.

But, typically, If I was working 3 to 11, my 24 hour cycle would begin at 8AM and end at 8AM. The first variance would be a very large meal (close to 1800 to 1900 calories, with a lot of fiber, with macro set up accordingly, MT-Line, 2300), and then I would fast completely for the next 24 hours. Workout would commence about 4 or so hours after the meal, and then I would go to work. I was actually less hungry, as compared to 16 to 18 hour arrangements.

Likewise, If I wanted to eat double MT, knowing an event was coming up (say like Christmas dinner, or whatever), I would setup a diet that hits my MT-line close, drop Carbohydrates to nearly 0 for about 5 to 6 days, setup a weight program accordingly during this period, set up one to two sittings of meals, with 16 hour fast. Then pig the heck out on 4,000 or more calories (mostly carbohydrates), with no ill effects.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote