Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default The Omentum

Here is an interesting post for those of you with some unwanted abdominal fat, and a brief explanation on the:The Omentum.

If you look in the core area of this picture, you will see a "yellow" sack. This sack (so-to-speak) is called: The Omentum. Its "primary" purpose is to store fat as converted by the body.

Basically its somewhat quilted (as it were) into little pockets which are filled with fat; the Omentum is suspended from the stomach and the colon, and overhangs in front of the intestines, but behind the core (abdominal muscles)--------------> like an apron. One of its purposes is to provide protection to the internal vital organs. The "contents" of the Omentum can grow and shrink in size, but it does not disappear. And, other still smaller "Omenta" (that can also contain fat deposits), take residence in various crevices among the--------abdominal "inner" area.

Through these, when there is fatty material in the blood (say converted due to excess calories--just to "over simplify" this), a deposit is made in these convient places, from which is readily available again to be reabsorbed (into the body for energy, and other uses) in time of want (like deficit in calories, etc, etc).

Its close proximity to the liver, pancreas, spleen, colon, and intestines, is by design purpose.

Some persons with large so-called beer bellies, can (again, just keeping it to the body, and simplifying this), blame their Omentum.

This is a very "simple" explanation on purpose. Now, you know reasonably why we tend to store fat in the core area. It is basically by design, though it is stored all over the body (which is termed differently).
======================================

hmmmmm.........

LOL!

Well, I unmotivated........"da-F^cker!"

It can still serve its protection services.....without all the added crap in there, and my body can just.........STFU!......

Hanging inside me.....like some type of bad ass.....well.......there is only room for one.............

I served "it" the "EVICTION" notice........ nearly 5 years ago!

ALL gather.........your eviction notices today!.........It flat ROCKS!

Best wishes

Chillen

Best wishes

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-02-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links