Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
a late sub in!

i am also a fan of the 5/3/1 , tho not running it now...

in relation to rest times between singles , i usually take 90seconds , the main driver behind this is that i am tight on time for my workouts , if i had more time i think i would indulge myself to 2.5 minutes!
Thank you, markievich. I'm a big fan of quick workouts too. I'll try to focus a bit more and cut out on the BS. Oddly, BS'ing at the gym is NOT a strong suit. It just happened to work out that way these last two sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I typically take 5 minutes or more between sets. I also have other people in the rotation, and have to get wraps and things on. I think anywhere from 3-5 minutes when not a 100% effort should be fine. If you are looking at new PR range, I would give myself as much time as needed to feel ready.
My thoughts exactly. No PR's yet, maybe in a couple of months if I go according to plan.

Thank you, EVERYBODY!!!

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links