Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Val, you are one of a kind. Don't change a thing!

My .02, take some time between singles, 3-5 min or so. If they are really hard core lifts like the ones that hurt in your teeth type singles, maybe 7 min.

Just saying max efforts should take some time to recover from. If not, they weren't max efforts.

We're alike, you and I. Just push it when you can and don't back off unless you absolutely have to. It is a journey.
Thank you, MikeM. I'll take all that under advisement. You're right. The sensible approach is best, especially at our age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I rest up to 5 minutes. I wouldn't go less than 2 minutes. Anytime after that point, once you feel ready I would put the hammer down.
So the concensus between you and MikeM might be to rest long enough to make a Number 1, but not long enough for a Number 2? Dang.

No, seriously though, I remember BBG one time telling me to try to work up to 5 singles resting only a minute between attempts. I think he's loco. Turns out he's superhuman. A couple minutes seems fair, especially now since I'm not in PR territory yet. I'm going through a lot of volume to get up to my singles too. Rest seems important.

Tuesday, 5/1/12

Workout 1.1.2

BP
45x5
65x5
80x5
100x5
115x3
130x3
150x3
155x1
170x1
170x1
170x1

Superset
Single Handed DBBP
40x12x3
Pendlay Rows
150x8x3

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote