MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post

You're right, of course, that pharmacological drugs are allowed through with terrible side effects and safety records. However, many of these drugs are addressing life-threatening conditions, so the bar has to be set in a different place for supplements. Anti-psychotics, for example, are notorious for side effects - but they save lives. Drastic conditions need more drastic treatments and the concommitant higher risks. But at least those risks are well-known.

I see the points of milk and tobacco/alcohol use and you'll never see me argue the merits of life-saving drugs being pushed to market, even with some adverse sides.

That said, nowadays on the TV, there is an advertisement every other commercial break for a drug which is not treating a life-threatening aliment and for which there are very dangerous side-effects (if you can listen to the voice run down the laundry list at lightning fast speed during the last 4 seconds).

So, I can't always believe that the FDA is operating in the most transparent fashion, if that makes sense. Again, I think the supplement companies should have to be clearer about what is in their products and its safety.

If not, then taking over the counter supps is a safe/dangerous and underground substances. And what's the point in that?