Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

And with one week to go...

I am in possibly the worst shape of my life. I haven't been to the gym in weeks. A second cortisone shot did nothing, and the Doctor started using the S word..surgery.

It does look like it would be a scoped surgery, which is less on the recovery portion. But regardless, I'll be down for a bit.

As for Tough Mudder, I'm still doing it. I'm not about to let myself pay, and get so mentally hyped, just to feel physically beat. I will not do that to myself. I'm starting the course at 1140 Saturday, and aiming for 3-4 hours completion. I'll take my time when I can, but pain will not stop me. I won't be doing any more damage, so I just have to suck it up for a few more days.

I'll report back with what I thought of the course, and how hard it really is. If I can do it in this shape, it will make me think twice before doing it again. This is supposed to be tough for an in-shape person, I'll find out how tough it is for an out-of-shape person.

Weather looks to be cool and possibly rainy, only what I could expect on my day to do it. From everything I've seen, one of the biggest obstacles is the cold and wet. On some obstacles, you have to wait 10-15 minutes before you get a chance to try. Standing there waiting will make you cold, thus zapping energy reserves. I'm bringing granola and sugary snacks to eat during the race if needed, but I'd prefer to use all the pre-stored energy I have already accumulated. Not expecting to drop a pants size in one day, but I should be burning quite a few calories throughout..

ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote