Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Until further notice my workouts will be logged under this format.

Day, Date

Cycle #. Wave (Week) #. Workout #

In case of multiple sets across I will use Weight x Reps x Sets. Multiple single attempts will be listed seperately.

Tested 1 Rep maxes going in are:
BP 185
Squat 305
OHP 120
DL 380

Sunday, 4/29/12

Workout 1.1.1

Perfect example of needing to be flexible today. My brother stopped by with his one year old for a visit right at my normal Sunday workout time. No big deal. It had been a while since I'd seen him or the niece. I did have plans with my family later in the afternoon though, so I only had time to squat.

Squat
45x5
110x5
135x5
165x5
180x3
205x3
235x3
260x1
280x1
280x1

That was a lot of work at the beginning. A lot of reps being burned warming up. By my 235 set, I was wondering if I would make it. The singles went up just fine though. I think this is going to work out great.

I'm wondering. What's a good amount of time to rest between singles? I gave it about a minute and a half between 260 and 280. Some guy was talking to me between my 280 sets, so that might have gotten stretched to 2 minutes or so. Just wondering.

Well, as I said, I had plans with the family, so I cut my workout off after that. I normally may have done a couple widow maker set of leg presses and some prone leg curls. I'll pop those in next time. Sunday afternoon was all about ice skating. Take that, glutes. Take that, abductors. Take that, adductors. Take that, erector spinae.

Benching on Tuesday. Simillar format. 3 or 4 light warmup sets. 3 sets of moderate triples. Singles.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)

Last edited by big valsalva; 05-01-2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote