Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutorious View Post
For the past 2 years or so, I have done nothing but low rep/heavy weight schemes. Bill Starr's/Madcow's 5x5, Some olympic based programs etc. I have ran the 20 rep squat program twice, and that's the only thing outside of the heavy lifting I have done with high reps...but that program is just brutal.

I was thinking a few month's ago every so often I tend to get extra fatigued, even though I deload after every program, I have experimented with 1 week off, 2 weeks off, 1 week off then 1 week light lifting. And I do alright, I was wondering if it was still all adding up and I still wasn't giving my CNS enough time to recover adequately. At times I still feel like im fatigued.

Do any of you ever do a light weight/high rep routine every so often, maybe once or twice a year to really give your body a break from the heavy lifting? or substitute some of the compound taxing lifts for lesser ones?

I guess im just curious how others handle their deloading and recovery through out the year.

Any input would be appreciated.
I don't deload, in the basic definition of the word. However, I let my body and how I am feeling, numeric values (days of rest, routine performance and volume, frequency, etc, and diet), play into decisions on whether I take an extra day or days of recovery from one workout to the next. And, every 6 to 8 weeks, I take a complete week off from training completely.

I do lighter training in the 12 to 15 rep ranges, when diet is arranged for depletion.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote