Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
My singles progression would likely increase by 5 or 10 pounds per cycle, and might -- overtime--- not be a true representation of my actual max ability. BUT heavy weights would be moved on a more regular basis than by running a conventional 5-3-1 scheme.
Right, you got the right idea there BV. It is exactly the way you need to approach it, think of 5-10 lbs per cycle which are below your all-time maxes and done to perfect form.

Quote:
Thank you, Fazc. Great recommendations here. In an ideal situation, I'd beable to lift three times in a regular week, leaving one workout to carryover to begin the following week.

It would look like this:
ABC
DAB
CDA
BCD
Deload
You know one option that I have used during times where I've been too busy to get to the gym has been to do full body workouts. So that way, even if you're only going in 1-2 times a week you're never too far off from working a given bodypart. For example alternating these two workouts:

1) Squat Bench
2) Press Deadlift

So perhaps:

Squat - 3 singles followed by 3 sets of 3
Bench - 3 singles followed by 3 sets of 3

Then on the second day of the week:

Press - 3 singles followed by 3 sets of 3
Deadlifts - 3 singles followed by 3 sets of 3

Doing while training twice a week is not a bad way to go, and if you can manage three times then great! Even better! Just an option to mull over.

Last edited by Fazc; 04-28-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links