View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Bhuts are hard to find in my area..even at Whole Foods. I tend to run with Habaneros for heat.

And more info if you didn't know, the Bhut is no longer king. In fact, it's been surpassed twice already. First there was the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper, rated at nearly 1.5 million Scoville units. Now there is a new king as of earlier this year, the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion is rated at 2 million Scoville units. All 3 are hot enough to require protection when handling.

Also to note, hot sauces have been on the rise recently business wise. More than 100 new brands have been introduced in various markets. The heat chase will never end now that there is a productive market for heat pain. More and more growers will try new things to boost the heat, and I don't see a steady champ reigning longer than a year or so before a new challenger comes along.
Yeah, I know, it annoys me when programs keep referring to the Ghost Pepper as THE hottest when it was the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper that was really the hottest known, at that time.

I couldn't get any of the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper but managed to get hold of some Bhut Jolokia pepper in dry powder form; it's hot Smokey too; I soon realised, after opening the powder the first time, that I have to stand well back and not have the nasal passages anywhere near over the packaging because of that very small puff of dust that rises when it's opened...talk about drilling out the nasal passage with acid, painful for hours and not a thing to take away the heat and I never even smelled the stuff...live and learn, I guess.