jmoore87
Brawn
Points: 268, Level: 5 Points: 268, Level: 5 Points: 268, Level: 5
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Chocolate Milk
jmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good posts
Default Squat (heavy day)

Dynamic Warm-Up:
Leg Swings x10
Walking Knee Hugs (pull knee across body to hit piriformis)
Walking Quad Stretch
Z-Stretch (hip flexors)
Overhead Squat with dowel x 5
Front Squat with dowel x 5
Back Squat with dowel x 5

Back Squat: 5x5 with 245lbs

Static Stretch+Jump Rope

DONE

Obviously, today's squatting was not "heavy" but like any new program I am starting light on purpose. This is especially important to do bc this program is a lot more volume than I am accustomed to doing. Some of the coaches I spoke with told me it was be a good idea for me to start a bare bones routine and rebuild my base in order to progress. This actually makes sense because the strongest I have ever been I was doing a modified starting strength ( I say modified because I did not OHP bc of mobility issues).

This should be fun bc I get to be in the gym 5 days per week concentrating on one lift per day. I am just tired of having to psyche up for lifts all the time and wonder if I can hit my programmed weight going in for that day. I work at a gym and do construction during the day so it is difficult to have a % based systems.
Deadlift 551, 540

Offseason mode to heal up!

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...fting-log.html
jmoore87 is offline   Reply With Quote