View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #763
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Sheesh...

All is well indeed.
Good good.

Quote:
It has been too long since I've been a contributor. I'm sorry. I've been extremely lazy.
No need to apologize. I just got worried that you had slumped into the mire and took up long distance running full time.

Quote:
So I found it quite refreshing to get off work, drive home, shave, shower, get into my jammies, and be kicked back in the recliner by 4:15.
The earlier to the recliner, the better. That's my favorite part of the day.

Quote:
So I pressed on in fits and starts. In the process, I compromised the madcow routine and... *whisper* I effed with the program. (gasp!)
I won't tell anyone.

Quote:
And just as I was heading up the stairs, a thought occured to me, "Um, val...there's more to lifting than madcow." How true. I had forgotten how forgiving and flexible the Wendler template could be. So I turned around, put my Chucks back on and tested my Bench. Tied a PR 1RM that night.
Sounds like a good MAB TV movie of the week.

Ever thought about dropping that sucker to like an A/B just in case you don't have more than 2 days a week in you?

Quote:
I feel a need to get out from under the cancer banner, and move on. I will be starting a new journal, or maybe smooshing all three of my journals together into one uberchronicle with several chapters. My goal is strength. My goal is health. My goal is a 500 pound deadlift by July 27, 2013 (my 50th birthday).
Good goals, and I am glad to see you moving on. What else is there for us to do in life but climb the next mountain. I guess the alternative is chaining ourselves to the last.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote