Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Most of them found that it's just not the most productive way to make progress and finally switched to something more basic. I'm not saying that routine wouldn't work for you as I don't personally know you and certainly there are some guys that will do well with it. But I think for a majority of us, that's a routine to be worked up to over the course of a few years, not a few months.
Yeah good points.

Also if you really do want to do all of that stuff, like laterals, 2-3 types of presses etc. I really don't see why you wouldn't do it in a much more structured way, which has a time-honoured tradition. As in the 3 full body sessions per week.

This:

Flat Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Military Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises
Skull Crushers
Tripcep Extensions

Is far too much for one session, and then you get nothing for another week. It's completely the opposite of what you need to be doing. You need less work per session but more frequently. So you split that up into:

Heavy -

Flat Bench
Tricep Extensions

Light -

Military Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raises

Medium -

Incline DB Press
Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises

You do each exercise while you're fresher, you can put more energy into it because you're not fatigued from a mass of work prior to it. Your body doesn't have to wait an entire week between growth stimulus from each exercise.

There's good reason these type of routines were/are popular with drug-free trainees.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote