Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Excellent points!
Thanks OR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
For example, if you're going to try 90%, don't just jump into 4 or 5 right away. Take a few weeks and try to feel things out. Perhaps you will find that 3 singles at 90% always seems to go well. Perhaps it's 2 or 4.

There are many variables involved, from age to bodypart weaknesses to a lifter's form.
Just to add to that, it helps with these things not to even consider percentages. Just go by feel and start with 'easy' singles and do multiples from that. I know for me, multiple singles at 90% in a lift such as the Squat would still kill me and I'm pretty well inured to singles and to higher volume. So 90% can effect people differently and is also different when comparing lift to lift.

An aside; what I've found with higher volume training is that you don't always have to fill in the volume with the same lift. A nice variation I have been doing has be to work upto a daily max in one lift, say the Squat and then perform back off sets in another similar exercise such as either Partial Squat or Front Squat. That is a nice way of racking up volume while either focusing on a weakness or safeguarding an area, like the knees.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote