View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #34
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Not insane at all. The first time I hit 405 was when I did alot of lockout work in a similar MM template. I tried the high frequency stuff and it can work but I dont think its optimal. I was just giving my thoughts if thats what someone was set on doing.

I have talked with Scot Mendelson, JM Blakely, Shawn Lattimer, Sebastian Burns, and Andy Bolton and they all train in a similar fashion to what Ryano is describing. Which makes sense since hes one of the premiere benchers in the world. It just reinforces it in my mind. Those guys all train in a similar fashion because its the best way to train.

I have always thought that the best way to be good as your genetics will allow at a sport or lift or whatever, is to find a group of competitors that excel in that thing. If you can find a trend then its probably the best way to go. Its harder to find the trends with squats and deadlifts but there is one with benching.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote