Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Reason I ask is because recently I was able to pull 700 at knee level for several reps, never done that much before but my sticking point is around knee level so i believe these may help out. But just want to hear others input.
SB. I think if your sticking point is at knee level you really need to be doing rack pulls from *below* knee level. The reason being is that you have to distinguish between the point at which the bar slows down and the point it actually stops... they are two different things. The point at which the bar slows down is your actual sticking point *not* the point where it actually stops.

For me and a lot of people, rack pulls below the knees are the ones which have the greatest relationship to my actual pull. For the reasons stated above.

---

One decent way to incorporate rack pulls of different heights is to use one height to strengthen another and then work down. For example:

1) Over the course of a month or two build up to 300kg above the knee - 21inch height for example.
2) Over the next couple months lower the height and build back up to 300kg at knee level - 18inch height for example.

- At this point you still might not see a massive increase from the floor.

3) Final stage is to lower the height again and build up to 300kg below the knee, in the low rack position. - 12-15inch height for example

That should increase your pull quite a bit. This is pretty much all I was consistent with prior to my last Meet and netted me the 260kg pull. I do a similar thing with Partial Squats and it works really well.

Last edited by Fazc; 04-16-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote