View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

-That is something I dealt with especially if your squatting multiple times a week also. I would suggest getting some elbow sleeves and training with them now. My arms would feel like they were going to fall off whenever I squatted or benched. They eventually adapted but an ounce of prevention.

My experience for what its worth:

-I think its really important to listen to your body if your going to tackle high frequency benching. Having strict guidelines can get you hurt because you may not be fully recovered to do the planned work.

-I benched three days a week before my last meet.

-I would warm up and hit a single that would tell me how I was feeling that day. It started at 365 something I could pause triple. If that was easy then I would go heavier. This was my indicator for the days training.

-I loosely stuck to a H/M/L guideline for backoffs. Monday was flat bench based off of the training max but wed could be speed bench or military, and friday was supposed to be incline. It doesnt have to be bench.

-My overall goal was the body of work in itself. I wanted to get stronger in a fatigued state so when I rested, I would get a rebound.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote