elijah
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat & diet Rockstar
elijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Oop! Just found this:
"Adding weight. After completing each mesocycle, add 5 pounds to your 1RM total for bench press and overhead press, and 10 pounds to your squat and deadlift 1RM, and recalculate your percentages. If you run Wendler's 5/3/1 for a year, this progression pattern will add 50 pounds to your bench and press, and 100 pounds to your squat and deadlift. Be patient, and stick with the plan!"

You win the chicken dinner mab! Thanks.

Now, just as an aisde, since I started 10% down, adding 10 pounds a cycle won't get me to my actual max until the third cycle. That seems like a long time to wait to hit some PRs? Well, I guess I will hit rep PRs fairly soon so that's something. But it was so exciting to hit singles PRs, this seems like punching a clock.

Man, I'm gonna learn some patience, I guess!
Right on the money, Mike. I've learned to accept and appreciate rep PR's as well, even if it sounded kind of funny at first. But you'll know you're getting stronger as the reps increase. I'm not sure how well 5/3/1 works when you're into the big numbers like some on here but for me it's still great. Getting stronger every week is key.
On the singles, I'm not sure when I could try and squeeze some PR singles into the routine? Perhaps on week 3 instead of the final work set? And maybe only every few months or so?
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote