tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
It's perhaps more of a "squishing" feeling on my thumb. It really is more disconcerting than painful.
That sounds normal to me. From what I've read, it's just something to get used to.

Quote:
I just want to generate power in the lifts I do. I think using power cleans will work for me in my goals.
Those are the key words, right there. Smash those goals!

Quote:
Also, I have some Kono books too, and I'm not sure that's what he actually meant if indeed you are quoting him correctly.
These lectures are very recent, years after authoring both of his books, 2009 being the most recent lecture I've seen. He is pretty adamant about learning the full lifts and that all work should be done from the floor, but he does say that this applies to Olympic weightlifters and not other athletes using them for athletic improvement. It was my misunderstanding and misrepresentation of his information and your purposes, rather than Kono teaching opposing ideas, that caused the confusion. Keep up the great work buddy.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote