View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
So I would work the variations that you have rather than just varying the volume on the three sessions because I would get bored to tears just benching the same weight for that long. That's just me and my ADD though

Have you ever tried speed benching? What about ballistic benching? Ballistic is where you do your speed reps as per usual but turn the bar around BEFORE it hits your chest. My shoulder has been too beat up to do this for a while but had some success with it before Christmas. Helps me stop sinking the bar into my chest and improving the stretch reflex.

LtL
Varying the volume to me isn't as important as adding volume, so yes, I could work variations. I have 2 primary goals:

1) More volume at 85% ish.
2) A defined progression approach.

I need to know I am making progress with this system. So whether it be a rep goal system, or whatever I choose, it must have work where I am pushing things and can compare workouts for progress. I have ideas in my head right now and will share them in a bit.

I certainly can work variations with this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote