MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks, Mike! you're about the 10th person to ask me about tape, so apparently I should tape up as I don't currently, just chalk. What kind of tape and what does it do? I'll definitely video Monday, heavy snatch (for me), and some lighter cleans. I'll do them front and maybe under the bar so you can see how much of my thumb I am grabbing. Thanks for the help!

Tank, my clean grip is only index and maybe FU finger on my thumb if I'm lucky and it holds! Much less my snatch grip! It's index on thumb at best! I have small thick hands which are great for ripping chicken wings, but not so good for gripping a barbell. Chalk has helped a lot, but might need some tricks to move forward.

Thanks, fellas!

JT and MAb, thanks for your support! One day I'll be as strong as you are now. Btw, you know a real buddy would fart around and wait up so I could catch up, but for you guys you'd be decrepit old waiting on me, so you're forgiven. HA! J/K! Well, not about the weight lifted.

Brute, I love getting the bar moving. Cleans got me into this whole deal. I was farting around with splits and various sets of this or that, but what I really wanted to do was clean the bar. That lead me to Bill Starr, Bill Starr lead me to this site. MAB has led me to powerlifting. And strongman is next.

It's all good. Moving iron and enjoying it. Let's just see what happens.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote