View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
you and I both as children basically survived with assistance from the government. both of our mothers, by the sound of it, used it well and responsibly.

should the system be eliminated because some abuse it? should it be eliminated when it doesn't touch closely to our own lives?
Who's talking eliminating anything? Reduction of waste doesn't equal elimination.

Setting this aside, I simply do not believe the government is efficient in any manner at solving problems. If you do, then we will never agree. I believe our society needs to encourage people to get off their butts and solve their own problems, and to do the right thing. This isn't being cruel. As a parent, this is called raising a responsible child.

This does not mean I believe all assistance should be shut off. Of course not. We just need to reward right behavior more than we do slacking behavior.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote