Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Tann, everyone can have an opinion on anything. Gaspers experience on the "inside" should indicate that his opinion based on actual experience should carry more weight than any uninformed opinion. Hence the reasoning that the only time an opinion can be given in a trial is by someone deamed an "expert" by the court. I have testified on numerous occasions in criminal trials as an "expert". I gave my opinion and the jury takes that into consideration. Have there been wrongfully convicted. Yes, unfortunately, but our criminal justice system is only as good as the people sitting in the jury box. Many,many,many more people are "let go" from crimes they did commit than are wrongfully convicted. I've seen people walk out of a courtroom a free person when I KNOW they commited the crime. The jury does not always get to see/hear all of the evidence. In my 25+ years in law enforcement, I know of only 1 case where a person that I arrested, may have been innocent and he plead guilty to a lesser charge to avoid a prison sentence.

The thread was started with the question if convicts should be allowed weight rooms/gyms in prison. In my opinion, no.