tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Nothing major that I can tell. Your learning the lifts, hitting the basics, and busting ass. That will take you pretty far. I would however throw in some back squats. I know you wanted to hold off, but I wouldn't neglect the lift as it does a good job at pushing the front squat and will also help a bit with the dip drive in the jerk. Just once a week after the main lifts should be good enough - doesn't matter what you do exactly, whether its a few sets of 3 or 5 at a moderately heavy weight or you work up to a heavy double/triple... as long as your progressing.

For the sake of knowledge, Pendlay posted a bit of info on how his guys typically train ( How we train. - Pendlay Forum ). Something you won't be able to implement right away lol, but you can definitely pull some ideas from it for future reference.

Keep up the good work!

PS - nice avatar! Has been my wallpaper for awhile now haha
lol! cool coincident!

about the back squats, i actually planned to alternate front and back squats every other time, so I was thinking along similar lines. I was just going to increase the weight 5lbs per session until i get to higher intensities that require cycling. sound good?

thanks again pull!!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote