View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #119
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
great! thanks pull! any glaring problems with my approach so far?
Nothing major that I can tell. Your learning the lifts, hitting the basics, and busting ass. That will take you pretty far. I would however throw in some back squats. I know you wanted to hold off, but I wouldn't neglect the lift as it does a good job at pushing the front squat and will also help a bit with the dip drive in the jerk. Just once a week after the main lifts should be good enough - doesn't matter what you do exactly, whether its a few sets of 3 or 5 at a moderately heavy weight or you work up to a heavy double/triple... as long as your progressing.

For the sake of knowledge, Pendlay posted a bit of info on how his guys typically train ( How we train. - Pendlay Forum ). Something you won't be able to implement right away lol, but you can definitely pull some ideas from it for future reference.

Keep up the good work!

PS - nice avatar! Has been my wallpaper for awhile now haha
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote