With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Cool, I love that stuff. Last year, I watched a lecture series on DVD called 'Battles of the Ancient World.' It was really good. For example: if I remember this right, in the archaeological digs for the Teutonberg forest (?), the battle where three imperial legions got wiped out, they found bronze cow bells that had the remains of plants in. They had silenced the movement of the cattle by stuffing the bells with grass.

Less cowbell!

If you like roman history in general, you might like Suetonius's The Twelve Caesars, which has all the groovy ones in, like Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero etc.
Yes, the Schlacht im Teutoburger Wald was a great example of brilliant military tactics in ancient times.

I'm big on history in general. I used to read history books for fun when I was a kid, especially anything about knights and ancient battles. You'd be surprised at how adept our ancestors were at warfare; and how impressive some of their feats of strength were.

I'll check out that title in the future, thanks!