View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #27
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Currently reading a military manual about Julius Caesar and his campaigns; detailing troop movements, tactics, etc.
Cool, I love that stuff. Last year, I watched a lecture series on DVD called 'Battles of the Ancient World.' It was really good. For example: if I remember this right, in the archaeological digs for the Teutonberg forest (?), the battle where three imperial legions got wiped out, they found bronze cow bells that had the remains of plants in. They had silenced the movement of the cattle by stuffing the bells with grass.

Less cowbell!

If you like roman history in general, you might like Suetonius's The Twelve Caesars, which has all the groovy ones in, like Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero etc.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote