Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Well, training is at a 99% standstill. Tough Mudder will be fun if anything at all. The challenge is just something I'll have to deal with as I am. I've had additonal tests conducted, and both the Doc and PT believe surgery is looming. I've seen the Xray, and it clearly shows the bone that is causing the problem. Going under the knife now means no chance of competing, so that's out of the question. When depends on how badly the Doc wants to do a second MRI, but with a traceable dye injected first. If it could be a "more simple", bone work only type of surgery, I could be back within a couple of months, but if muscle and/or tendom damage has been done, I'm looking at nearly a year of BS to heal.

As for lower body training, also out due to a stress fracture in my left shin area. Not officially diagnosed, but I don't need to be a whitecoat to know there is something wrong, much more than just taking it easy will do anything for. I've been out of the gym, not doing any cardio for 2 weeks and it still hurts to walk too much. I'm thinking the "healing" period may be sometime during the Winter.

I'm still running the Tough Mudder. If I have to crawl on my broken, bloodied face with only one arm and one leg, I will do so. Injury is no excuse to quit. This isn't life threatening, I will persevere and complete the damn thing. I will then proceed to get as drunk as I possibly can. Maybe alcohol poisoning has miraculous healing properties for shitty shoulder and legs..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote